Affiliate marketing has become complicated. If you don’t have laser beam focus, you will find yourself becoming a jack-of-all-trades and master of none. Why do I say this? Well back in 2006 you could set up a Pay Per Click campaign (PPC) without needing a website.
You could focus and concentrate only on creating ad campaigns and scaling winning ads. It was a doddle and profitable results followed fast.
Fast forward to 2019 and you have to;
- Choose a profitable and evergreen niche
- Create a WordPress site
- Learn SEO strategy
- At least 3 times a week, create relevant content and edit it.
- Add photos or videos
- Post your content to Social Media
- Add relevant Marketing widgets to your site
- Create a drip email campaign to establish a long-lasting relationship with your subscribers without spamming them
- Create sales funnels
- Possibly create a product, a PDF, video or ebook for your subscribers.
- Answer comments on your site
- Learn how to train a virtual assistant to help you with some of the above
As time went on and my site began to gain traction, I realised I needed to set my goals more tightly. I meditated on what I could do to become more productive and came up with the following strategy;
Establish Laser Beam Focus
I wrote my goals down and set myself a target of concentrating on fulfilling just 3 important affiliate marketing tasks a day. I would do the tasks in order of importance and set a timer for writing posts (Number 1). I would decide what were the necessary tasks that I procrastinated to fulfill and do those second (email letters). Then I would post to Social Media.
I would make sure extra tabs were closed, the phone was turned off and I had eaten a large salad the night before in order to keep my mind keen with creative ideas. Yes, even the sound system was put off as well, even though I love music.
Getting Better With Time
As the weeks progressed, this is what I found;
- I became a master of any given task I set myself to do. Besides this, I felt a greater sense of achievement. I could take a 20 minute break without feeling guilty that I was wasting time. The break would give my mind refreshment and I savoured every moment of it.
- I became more creative and also more in control of my work. Indeed, I treated my online business as a business and stopped pussy footing. I began to attack tasks I found boring with gusto.
- If I came unstuck and needed help, I was quick to submit a question to Help Centre if it was technical or Thrive Themes Support Forum or even WA Live Chat.
- It became a doddle to write and publish 1000-1500 worded posts. After all, I told myself, you can write and type fast. Others at Wealthy Affiliate who were determined to succeed but with less typing experience than yourself were experiencing breakthrough. Therefore I had no excuse but to up the ante!
- I decluttered my mind and decided to write not just 1 post a day, but 2 to make up for the 4 months I lost while my laptop had been playing up.
- This online affiliate business is now not just work to me, but FUN!
People such as Russell Brunson of Clickfunnels, Anik Singal, CEO of the LURN Centre, Richard Branson, Tony Robbins, Amy Porterfield and Nick Laight of Canonbury Publishing, who each had a vision.
They also decided to overcome any fears or doubts they had and goal set, delegating work to wise people they could trust.
They also did not take NO for an answer and paved their own way to success in a fashion that brought joy to those who got involved with them.
You too have what it takes to succeed. So stop making excuses and break the goals you set into sizeable chunks. Find out what branch of internet marketing you excel in and become a specialist in that area. You know what I mean?
Instead of being a General Practitioner, become a Surgeon in your field. Yes, it might cost a few nights and a holiday-less first year, but look at some of the successful Wealthy Affiliate Premium members and read their inspirational stories. If and when you need to.
Andy Calvin, who joined Wealthy Affiliate in November, 2017, blogs about his monthly progression:
Jerry Huang, a 21 year old from Taiwan also charts his progress:
Lynne Huy, a former drug addict, made good:
Lauren Jean from South Africa:
As you can see from reading the above posts and training of several Wealthy Affiliate Members, they have this in common; all of them have steadily progressed to become authorities in their given niche. Some succeed faster than others, but all of them had one thing in common – a Laser Beam Focus in accomplishing their tasks for the coming weeks, months or even years.
Someone once said “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail”.
He was right. And I am sure you agree. So what are you waiting for? Find out how Wealthy Affiliate can make a difference to your affiliate marketing knowledge and understanding. Escape the scam merry-go-round you’ve been on lately and get to it…. We are halfway through 2019, but you can see your New Year Resolutions coming to pass as of today.
Join Wealthy Affiliate as a Starter Member to see what I am talking about. It is only $19 dollars in your first month. That’s all I had in my account when I joined, but I became Premium the same day and do not regret it 1 year later.
Wealthy Affiliate over delivers on top-notch training that is updated every week. It’s like the Facebook of Affiliate Marketing and you will not only learn how to succeed in this business, but make life-long friends too.
But don’t just take my word for it… Find out and see for yourself.